Music is well known for its therapeutic qualities. Music can make you happy, make you sad, and make you emotional. Music is a great way to process your feelings and experience them at the same time. Music is extremely powerful, which is why we should be conscious of the songs we listen to. Music can be used to complement our meditation, movement, or yoga practices. If you’re a lover of music, this is the article for you. Lo-Fi or peaceful music has blown up over the past few years with the influx of study and chill live streams. If you’re a fan of these live streams and love music that sounds like that, here are our top 6 peaceful songs.
- Agape by Nicholas Britell – Nicholas Britell is an American composer who made the soundtrack for movies such as Moonlight and If Beale Street Could Talk. This tune brings up feelings of nostalgia, and it is a part of the soundtrack of If Beale Street Could Talk. There are no words in this song, but it is profoundly moving and peaceful. If you like soothing, violin-based songs, you’ll love Agape.
- Post-Rock Mystery by Johnny Klimek and Tom Tykwer – Post Rock Mystery is a part of the Original Soundtrack of Sense8, a Netflix show about eight connected people. This song also contains no lyrics, but the instruments are deeply moving. This is a great song to listen to when you want to relax, rest, or fall asleep.
- Pink + White by Frank Ocean – Frank Ocean’s Blonde album is arguably one of the best albums ever made. All the songs are absolutely beautiful and tell amazing stories. Pink + White is a song on the album that talks about romance, young love, and the experience of falling in love deeply. If you are a fan of slow, soothing music, Frank Ocean’s Pink + White is definitely a song you should check out.
- Good Days by Sza – Sza is a singer who generally makes high vibrational music. Good Days is a song about self-reflection. Sza croons about good days and all the experiences she’s had. She talks about growing up and being afraid she’s wasted time with people who were undeserving of her love and affection. She also sings about her desire to achieve success and experience more of the good days.
- The Kids Are Alright by Chloe x Halle – Chloe x Halle is a duo of sisters who make beautiful harmonic music together. If you’re a fan of Beyonce, there’s a chance you’ve heard about Chloe x Halle. The Kids Are Alright is a song reassuring everyone that the kids are alright despite all the issues. It’s a beautiful and empowering song.
- Waking Up to Another Day by Ten Towers – Waking up to another day is an underrated gem. This song talks about the future, expectations, and the desire for more. It’s a beautiful song with very expressive lyrics.
And an extra song for our EDM Fans. Meridian by Odesza is a lyrics free song with amazing bass and background. If you’re a fan of calming EDM songs you should definitely give it a listen.